Thursday, November 13, 2008

Me and my Dad

Today is my Dad's birthday. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing man as my "daddy." I am a daddy's girl to the full extent. If I need anything, Dad is only a touch away - speed dial #2! (only because #1 is taken by 911) I remember being 11 years old, watching my Dad laying in a hospital bed fighting for his life. He was told at one point that he had 6 months to live. The fact that 15 years later we are celebrating another birthday with him is a miracle in itself. My Dad has taught me so many things about life, and I don't think I tell him often enough how much I appreciate him. Each day that I get to wake up and see him or that I'm able to tell him I love him is truly a miracle, and I am so thankful to still have him in my life. No matter what, he's always been there - and I know he always will be.

So Dad, I love you. I appreciate you. And I don't know what I'd do without you. Happy Birthday!!

No comments: